sbi account opening
SBI ACCOUNT OPENING BUSINESS CORRESPONDENT CIRCULAR
All Branches / Offices
Madam / Dear Sir,
BUSINESS CORRESPONDENT CHANNEL
MODIFIED ONLINE ACCOUNT OPENING
Please refer to our e-Circular No-RABG/RB-AC-AC/18/2016-17 dated 02.12.2016 regarding Online Account Opening Authorization and File Upload process in SingleSign-On(SSO) Screen.
- The existing account opening process at BC Channel involves two stages viz. Authorisation and Uploading, which had resulted in increased Turn Around Time (TAT) for account opening in CBS thus delaying refund of amount collected from customers towards account opening fee and initial deposit in case of rejection of records. A review of the existing process was therefore undertaken to simplify the process.
- A functionality has now been developed for account opening in CBS by clubbing twostage process of authorization and uploading into a single step. The process flow in this regard is as under:
SBI ACCOUNT OPENING
- On submission of the enrolled records to the branch for opening of accounts by CSPs, the digital records will move to Kiosk server and appear in the “Customer Authorisation Page” under the menu “Customer Creation” appearing at the front-end screen.
- Branch official, (Maker) with capability level minimum 5 and user type 45/50/60 can login into Kiosk banking through Single-Sign-On(SSO) in CBS and select the records either through the ‘Customer Reference number’ or ‘Date Range & Agent ID’ from the radio button option and authorise it after proper scrutiny of the customer details captured in digital form with the customer signed system generated Account Opening Form collected from the CSP.
- After satisfactory verification of records the maker have option to ‘Authorize or Reject’ the Customer record. Maker can also click on the reference Number to ‘view and update the customer details’ from this page other than details fetched through e-KYC process.
- Thereafter branch official (other than Maker) Identified as Checker with capability level minimum 5 and user type 45/50/60 will select Customer Creation menu and then click on sub menu “Customer Authorization (Checker)” sub-menu. Checker can have same option as Maker to filter the customer records using Customer Reference Number or using Date Range and Agent ID. On authorisation by checker, the account will be opened and account number gets generated in CBS.
- The system will identify eligible records for account opening in CBS. The ineligible records with existing CIF etc. will be rejected by the system and the flag “eligible for refund”. These records will be saved for access through enquiry screen by CSP to check and refund the amount deposited to the customer
3. The detailed User manuals with screen shots for enrollment of records at CSPs and authorization of records by Branch officials are placed in the following annexures: